The call came from an old friend, someone I have known for over 40 years. His marriage was in serious trouble, and more importantly, he saw clearly that unless he changed from the inside out, what happened to his marriage wouldn’t really matter. His wife wasn’t the problem, although she has her issues to deal with, and his rocky marriage was only a symptom of deeper problems. “It’s not her fault. She’s not the issue, I’m the issue. For a long time I’ve been struggling with my anger. I’ve decided that I can’t go on this way. A long time ago I had a close relationship with the Lord and I’d like to get it back. I know that forgiveness is a huge issue in my life and when I drink, that’s when my anger seems to come out and I end up saying stupid things and hurting my wife.”
Everything he said was true. Nothing was exaggerated or blown out of proportion. “I’ve decided to go see the pastor of the church we’ve started attending. How much should I tell him about our marriage? I’m not trying to hide anything, I don’t want to focus on my wife when I’ve got to deal with my own problems.” Just tell the pastor… Click here to read the rest of this blog post by Pastor Ray Pritchard.
- Don’t Waste Your Anger!
- Credentials and Benefits of The Anger Management Institute Training Certification
- Breaking Out of Anger!
- Controlling the Rage Within
- What’s Good About Anger? is unique…
- Can’t Let Go of Anger
- Why Do People Get Angry?
- What services can I provide and can I start my own Anger Management Business?
- How You Can Become Certified to Provide Anger Management Services and Treatment
- Anger Management Specialist Steps to Certification: April, 2015